The RULER Approach is now a part of the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence, formerly Yale's Health, Emotion, and Behavior Laboratory. Check back within the coming months for a brand new website.
“On the way home (from the training) I explained the mood meter, and we’ve been talking in “colors” ever since! I am grateful to you for introducing me to something that I can practice in my home, work, church, and daily interactions with my family and others.”
~ PARENT OF A MONTESSORI SCHOOL STUDENT
Emotional Literacy for Families is an evidence-based, highly interactive training program designed to provide adult family members with essential tools to promote healthy social and emotional development at home. Parents and caregivers learn RULER skills to:
- Build trust and empathy with their children
- Apply effective strategies for addressing behavior issues and stress
- Foster open communication and enjoyment at home
Additional topics are tailored to parents of children at different developmental stages and include homework, limit setting, and discipline.
This Program includes:
- Customized workshop series to meet the needs of the school community
- A comprehensive, user-friendly manual for adult family members with information about emotional literacy and concrete tools that can be implemented immediately at home
- Ongoing support for trainers vis-à-vis webinars and online communities
To learn more about bringing The RULER Approach to your school or district, please contact us at email@example.com.